Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Praise the Lord at all times!

My friends, at all times and in all places we should be praising the Lord. To praise God is our purpose. What were we told at the time of creation? And God blessed them, saying: Increase and multiply, and fill the earth, and subdue it, and rule over the fishes of the sea, and the fowls of the air, and all living creatures that move upon the earth. This is what we are tasked with, this is our job and yet what about our Creator? We learn again in the psalms; 

1 Alleluia. PRAISE the Lord from the heavens: praise him in the high places. 2 Praise him, all his angels: praise him, all his hosts. 3 Praise him, O sun and moon: praise him, all you stars and light. 4 Praise him, you heavens of heavens: and let all the waters that are above the heavens 5 praise the name of the Lord. For he spoke, and they were made: he commanded, and they were created. 6 He has established them for ever, and for ages of ages: he has made a decree, and it shall not pass away. 7 Praise the Lord from the earth, you dragons, and all you deeps: 8 Fire, hail, snow, ice, stormy winds which fulfill his word: 9 Mountains and all hills, fruitful trees and all cedars: 10 Beasts and all cattle: serpents and feathered fowls: 11 Kings of the earth and all people: princes and all judges of the earth: 12 Young men and maidens: let the old with the younger, praise the name of the Lord: 13 for his name alone is exalted. 14 The praise of him is above heaven and earth: and he has exalted the horn of his people. A hymn to all his saints: to the children of Israel, a people approaching to him. Alleluia.

We know that by Him all things were created and for that, creation itself praises God. There is no other name to glory in or to praise other than our Creator. Praise Him in the morning, praise Him in the afternoon, praise Him in the evening. Sing praises to our Lord.

1 A psalm of David when he was in the desert of Edom. 2 O GOD, my God, to you do I watch at break of day. For you my soul has thirsted; for you my flesh, O how many ways! 3 In a desert land, and where there is no way, and no water: so in the sanctuary have I come before you, to see your power and your glory. 4 For your mercy is better than lives: you my lips shall praise. 5 Thus will I bless you all my life long: and in your name I will lift up my hands. 6 Let my soul be filled as with marrow and fatness: and my mouth shall praise you with joyful lips. 7 If I have remembered you upon my bed, I will meditate on you in the morning: 8 because you have been my helper. And I will rejoice under the covert of your wings: 9 my soul has stuck close to you: your right hand has received me. 10 But they have sought my soul in vain, they shall go into the lower parts of the earth: 11 They shall be delivered into the hands of the sword, they shall be the portions of foxes. 12 But the king shall rejoice in God, all they shall be praised that swear by him: because the mouth is stopped of them that speak wicked things.




Monk Michael's 'Spiritual Christianity for Today! on Kindle; http://www.amazon.com/dp/B009ZCIF4M


Many Blessings!
In Christ,
+William





No comments: