Monday, March 14, 2016

Save me, O God, by your name!

My friends, how unworthy are we to face Almighty God? We deem ourselves worthy and yet we sin. How often in a day do we sin against God without even noticing what we have done? We have become callous and cold individually and as nations of people. Hear the warning; heed the warning and repent.

1 Hear the word of the Lord, you children of Israel, for the Lord shall enter into judgment with the inhabitants of the land: for there is no truth, and there is no mercy, and there is no knowledge of God in the land. 2 Cursing, and lying, and killing, and theft, and adultery have overflowed, and blood has touched blood. 3 Therefore shall the land mourn, and every one that dwells in it shall languish with the beasts of the field, and with the fowls of the air: yea, the fishes of the sea also shall be gathered together. 4 But yet let not any man judge: and let not a man be rebuked: for your people are as they that contradict the priest. 5 And you shall fall to day, and the prophet also shall fall with you: in the night I have made your mother to be silent. 6 My people have been silent, because they had no knowledge: because you have rejected knowledge, I will reject you, that you shall not do the office of priesthood to me: and you have forgotten the law of your God, I also will forget your children.

3 Save me, O God, by your name, and judge me in your strength. 4 O God, hear my prayer: give ear to the words of my mouth. 5 For strangers have risen up against me; and the mighty have sought after my soul: and they have not set God before their eyes. 6 For behold God is my helper: and the Lord is the protector of my soul. 7 Turn back the evils upon my enemies; and cut them off in your truth. 8 I will freely sacrifice to you, and will give praise, O God, to your name: because it is good: 9 For you have delivered me out of all trouble: and my eye has looked down upon my enemies.



Web Page;

For Monk Michael's videos; http://www.youtube.com/user/HieroMonkMichael

Monk Michael's 'Spiritual Christianity for Today! on Kindle; http://www.amazon.com/dp/B009ZCIF4M

Monk Michael's 'Spiritual Christianity for Today! paperback; http://www.amazon.com/s?ie=UTF8&field-author=Rev.%20Fr.%20Michael%20Valentine%20Sweet&page=1&rh=n%3A283155%2Cp_27%3ARev.%20Fr.%20Michael%20Valentine%20Sweet

Many Blessings!
In Christ,
+William



No comments: