Wednesday, February 17, 2016

The Lord settles me in hope

16 For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man is corrupted, yet the inward man is renewed day by day. 17 For that which is at present momentary and light of our tribulation, works for us above measure exceedingly an eternal weight of glory. 18 While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen. For the things which are seen, are temporal; but the things which are not seen, are eternal.

 1 Unto the end, in verses. A psalm for David. 2 When I called upon him, the God of my justice heard me: when I was in distress, You have enlarged me. Have mercy on me: and hear my prayer. 3 O you sons of men, how long will you be dull of heart? why do you love vanity, and seek after lying? 4 Know also that the Lord has made his holy one wonderful: the Lord will hear me when I shall cry unto him. 5 Be angry, and sin not: the things you say in your hearts, be sorry for them upon your beds. 6 Offer up the sacrifice of justice, and trust in the Lord: many say, Who shows us good things? 7 The light of You countenance O Lord, is signed upon us: You have given gladness in my heart. 8 By the fruit of their corn, their wine and oil, they are multiplied. 9 In peace in the selfsame I will sleep, and I will rest: 10 For You, O Lord, singularly has settled me in hope.

Web Page;

For Monk Michael's videos; http://www.youtube.com/user/HieroMonkMichael

Monk Michael's 'Spiritual Christianity for Today! on Kindle; http://www.amazon.com/dp/B009ZCIF4M

Monk Michael's 'Spiritual Christianity for Today! paperback; http://www.amazon.com/s?ie=UTF8&field-author=Rev.%20Fr.%20Michael%20Valentine%20Sweet&page=1&rh=n%3A283155%2Cp_27%3ARev.%20Fr.%20Michael%20Valentine%20Sweet

Many Blessings!
In Christ,
+William




No comments: