Monday, February 29, 2016

Sin not with the Tongue!

My friends, when we call ourselves Christian should there not be a noticeable difference in us from others? If we do not speak to someone and say that we are Christian should not there still be something about us that is different from the rest of the world? Should our speech be more polite and not foul? Would this be noticeable? Should our actions towards others in a day to day scenario be one of caring and encouragement?

What is our life span here in this physical world? We do not know. From one blink of the eye to another, from one heart beat to another, we cannot tell. Life is a gift. This is the time to repent and live a life that is different and set apart. Hear what the Psalmist has to say, listen to his plea and take heed. This should be ours as well.

1 Unto the end, for Idithun himself, a canticle of David.

2 I said: I will take heed to my ways: that I sin not with my tongue. I have set guard to my mouth, when the sinner stood against me. 3 I was dumb, and was humbled, and kept silence from good things: and my sorrow was renewed. 4 My heart grew hot within me: and in my meditation a fire shall flame out. 5 I spoke with my tongue: O Lord, make me know my end. And what is the number of my days: that I may know what is wanting to me. 6 Behold you have made my days measurable: and my substance is as nothing before you. And indeed all things are vanity: every man living. 7 Surely man passes as an image: yea, and he is disquieted in vain. He stores up: and he knows not for whom he shall gather these things. 8 And now what is my hope? is it not the Lord? and my substance is with you. 9 Deliver me from all my iniquities: you have made me a reproach to the fool. 10 I was dumb, and I opened not my mouth, because you have done it. 11 Remove your scourges from me. The strength of your hand has made me faint in rebukes: 12 you have corrected man for iniquity. And you have made his soul to waste away like a spider: surely in vain is any man disquieted. 13 Hear my prayer, O Lord, and my supplication: give ear to my tears. Be not silent: for I am a stranger with you, and a sojourner as all my fathers were. 14 O forgive me, that I may be refreshed, before I go hence, and be no more.



Web Page;

For Monk Michael's videos; http://www.youtube.com/user/HieroMonkMichael

Monk Michael's 'Spiritual Christianity for Today! on Kindle; http://www.amazon.com/dp/B009ZCIF4M

Monk Michael's 'Spiritual Christianity for Today! paperback; http://www.amazon.com/s?ie=UTF8&field-author=Rev.%20Fr.%20Michael%20Valentine%20Sweet&page=1&rh=n%3A283155%2Cp_27%3ARev.%20Fr.%20Michael%20Valentine%20Sweet

Many Blessings!
In Christ,
+William



No comments: